|Illinois House of Representatives District 82|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position (current service)||7|
|Years in position (previous service)||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University, 1984|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School, 1989|
|Birthday||January 28, 1961|
|Place of birth||Westchester, IL|
Durkin works as an Attorney with Pretzel & Stouffer, Limited. He was previously an Assistant Cook County States Attorney from 1991-1995, and Assistant Illinois Attorney General from 1989-1990.
He is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, Giant Steps School of Autism, Misericordia Home, and Vice-Chair of the Triton Community College Board of Trustees.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Durkin served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Accountability & Administrative Review|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Durkin's committee appointments were not recorded on the Illinois General Assembly website.
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Durkin served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Computer Technology|
|• Elections & Campaign Reform|
|• Electric Generation & Commerce|
|• Environment & Energy|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Public Utilities|
Durkin won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 82. Durkin defeated Laura Reigle in the March 20 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 82, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 82 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jim Durkin Incumbent||75.5%||10,434|
Durkin won re-election to the 82nd District seat against Democrat Matthew T. Mostowik. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 82 (2010)|
|Jim Durkin (R)||30,207||73.48%|
|Matthew T. Mostowik (D)||10,930||26.52%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 82 (2008)|
|Jim Durkin (R)||44,265|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 82 (2006)|
|Jim Durkin (R)||24,509|
|Kim Savage (D)||13,219|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Durkin collected $192,750 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Durkin's campaign in 2010|
|Associated Beer Distributors Of Illinois||$6,000|
|Freedom First PAC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$192,750|
In 2008, Durkin collected $180,332 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Bradley A. Stephans Fund||$4,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$4,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Durkin received a score of 57.14 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of D according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 50th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + Durkin + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Erickson: Even most loyal state workers bailing - Bloomington Pantagraph (blog)
- Rough week for Bloomberg - Daily Caller
- The Cornyn Con - Daily Caller
- Geography fail: Sen. Landrieu says South Dakota borders Canada in anti-border ... - Daily Caller
- Ill. House approves guns plan opposed by governor - NECN
- Ill. House OKs plan for concealed carry of guns; Gov. Quinn vows to 'stop it ... - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Concealed carry bill contains restrictions on local laws - Chicago Daily Herald
- No same-sex marriage vote until November: 'I've never been sadder,' sponsor says - Chicago Sun-Times
- Campus bans guns, tells people to nod at attackers - Daily Caller
- Israeli minister has giggle fit after saying 'penetration' in speech [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Jim Durkin (R) 82nd District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000, 1998, 1996
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Durkin
- ↑ Illinois General Assembly, "Jim Durkin," January 21, 2013
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- ↑ Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- ↑ Durkin Campaign Donors
- ↑ Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 82
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |