Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire State Senate District 4|
|2010 - 2012|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Cornell University, 1990|
|Master's||Cornell University, 1991|
|Ph.D.||Wichita State University, 2000|
|Date of birth||October 1, 1968|
|Place of birth||Saint James, MN|
Forsythe earned his PhD in aerospace engineering from Wichita State University in 2000, his MEng in aerospace engineering at Cornell University in 1991, and his B.S. in applied and engineering physics at Cornell University in 1990.
On November 2, 2010, Forsythe won election to the New Hampshire State Senate. Forsythe defeated George Hurt and David Bickford in the September 14 primary. He bested Andrew Hosmer in the general election.
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 4 General election (2010)|
|Jim Forsythe (R)||11,737|
|Andrew Hosmer (D)||7,117|
In 2010, a year in which Forsythe ran for election, he collected $56,082 in donations. His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|New Hampshire State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Forsythe's campaign in 2010|
|New Hampshire Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Friends of Jeb Bradley for State Senate||$1,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$56,082|
Forsythe listed the following themes on his campaign website:
- The LLC Tax
- Excerpt: "I oppose the “LLC Tax” which is essentially an income tax on small businesses. With record unemployment, there could be no worse time for this tax. To grow our way out of the economic downturn, we must lower taxes, not raise them."
- Excerpt: "I believe that parents and teachers know what is best for educating children. Kids are educated most effectively when control over the education is as close to home as possible. I will fight to empower parents and teachers, and prevent the centralization of control of our schools in Concord and in Washington."
Forsythe and his wife, Susan, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Forsythe + New + Hampshire + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jim Forsythe's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
Kathleen Sgambati (D)
|New Hampshire State Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|
David Watters (D)