For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire State Senate District 12|
|2010 - 2012|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Luther is the founder and owner of Mediamation Limited Liability Company. He has also been an employee at Digital Equipment, Wang Labs, and New England Business Service, Incorporated.
Luther is a graduate of Syracuse University.
In the 2011-12 legislative session, Luther served on these committees:
Luther's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Our state government spends too much and this excessive spending needs to be reigned in. I will work to reduce the spending and debt to lighten the load on our overburdened taxpayers."
- Excerpt: "To fix our economy we need the right kind of leadership to bring jobs back to New Hampshire. We need to create the right economic climate to have businesses prosper and create jobs."
- Excerpt: "I will offer legislation to reduce spending and will never introduce an income or sales tax. I will also work to establish job creation incentives with tax credits"
- Excerpt: "I will fight to maintain the scenery that makes NH unique and a great tourist attraction."
Luther ran in the 2012 election for New Hampshire State Senate, District 12. Luther ran unopposed in the September 11th Republican primary election and was defeated by Peggy Gilmour (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Luther Incumbent||48.1%||14,101|
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 12 General election (2010)|
|Jim Luther (R)||9,876|
|Peggy Gilmour (D)||8,811|
In 2010, a year in which Luther ran for election, he collected $30,005 in donations. His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|New Hampshire State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Luther's campaign in 2010|
|Luther, C James||$2,000|
|Nashua Republican City Cmte||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$30,005|
Luther and his wife, Melinda, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Luther + New + Hampshire + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jim Luther's official campaign website
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
Peggy Gilmour (D)
|New Hampshire State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|
Peggy Gilmour (D)