For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Colorado, District 5|
|Date of birth||August 6, 1956|
|Place of birth||Kansas City, KS|
|Profession||Owner, Video Support International Incorporated|
Pirtle's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "America, we must have a balanced budget! Check the U.S. Debt Clock and you will find that the U.S. tax revenue is over $2 trillion. However, Congress is spending over $3 trillion. Our total debt is over $15 trillion, while the interest alone is over $203 billion."
- Excerpt: "The war in Afghanistan is an unfortunate position we as a country were forced into. The initial mission was to limit Al Qaeda’s activities and capture Osama Bin Laden. It has taken 10 years, to achieve 1 goal. The fault lies not with our military, but with our lack of planning by our leadership in Washington."
- Excerpt: "Our great nation is based on immigration. All Americans, except for Native Americans, are from different nations and immigrated to the U.S. One associate I work with came to this country from Peru. His family applied for and received approval to immigrate. We are a melting pot of all nationalities, religions, and cultures. We live together, work together, and pay taxes together."
- Social Security
- Excerpt: "In 1983 the Social Security Act (SSA) was last amended, with the intent to SUPPLEMENT retirement. Many people don't understand this fact. Our government leaders have been using this fund as a political tool for re-election."
- Excerpt: "The U.S. Census indicated 311 million people reside in the United States. Of these, over 13 million are unemployed, according to the bureau of labor statistics. If you combine those unemployed and the people that can only get part-time work, the total ends up over 24 million."
Pirtle ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 5th District. He ran unopposed in the June 26, 2012, Libertarian Primary. He was defeated by incumbent Doug Lamborn (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Doug Lamborn Incumbent||65%||199,639|
|Constitution||Kenneth R. Harvell||4.3%||13,212|
|Source: Colorado Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Pirtle and his wife, Valerie, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Pirtle + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado's 5th Congressional District
- Colorado's 5th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- [ Campaign website, Issues]
- Associated Press, "Unofficial election results," June 26, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014