|Idaho State Senate District 10|
|March 1, 2012 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||March 1, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rice served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government and Taxation, Vice Chair|
|• Agricultural Affairs|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Idaho State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Micheal E. DeCoria is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Jim Rice is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Rice won election in the 2012 election for Idaho State Senate District 10. He defeated Kent A. Marmon in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated Leif Skyving (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho State Senate, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Rice Incumbent||61.2%||7,706|
|Idaho State Senate District 10 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kent A. Marmon||31.2%||900|
Comprehensive donor information for Rice is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Rice raised a total of $32,995 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Jim Rice's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho State Senate, District 10||$32,995|
|Grand Total Raised||$32,995|
2012Rice won election to the Idaho State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Rice raised a total of $32,995.
|Idaho State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Rice's campaign in 2012|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,750|
|Idaho Power Co||$1,500|
|Senate Republican Pac of Idaho||$1,500|
|Bart M Davis for Idaho Senate||$1,300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,995|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Rice received a score of -23 points in the 2013 index, ranking 13th out of 35 members of the Idaho State Senate that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jim + Rice + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Idaho State Senate - Jim Rice
- Profile from Open States
- Jim Rice on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Idaho Legislature, "Jim Rice," accessed May 21, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," accessed March 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 4, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Rice, Jim," accessed August 30, 2013
- Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
|Idaho State Senate District 10
March 1, 2012–present
| Succeeded by|