|Colorado Commissioner of Insurance|
|June 27, 2011 - July 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||June 27, 2011|
|Appointed by||Governor John Hickenlooper|
|Colorado House of Representatives District 50|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Colorado|
|Master's||University of Northern Colorado|
Riesberg graduated from the University of Northern Colorado with a B.A. in history and economics and an M.A. in Gerontology.
Before entering public service, Riesberg for 24 years at "various insurance and human resource companies, including Allstate Insurance Co. and Hearth Company Real Estate and Insurance." He has also had 16 years of experience in nonprofits specializing in aging, hunger and housing issues.
- B.A. in History and Economics - University of Northern Colorado
- M.A. in Gerontology - University of Northern Colorado.
Colorado Commissioner of Insurance (2011-2013)
Riesberg took office as commissioner of insurance in 2011 and stepped down in 2013. He was appointed by Governor John Hickenlooper. As the commissioner serves at the governor's pleasure, Riesberg was not subject to reappointment until a new governor is elected.
Colorado State House (2004-2011)
Before becoming commissioner, Riesberg was a member of the Colorado House of Representatives, having represented District 50 from 2004 to 2011.
Comprehensive donor information for Riesberg is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Riesberg raised a total of $324,770 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
Riesberg and his wife, Sharron, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Riesberg + Colorado + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado Commissioner of Insurance
- Colorado House of Representatives
- John Hickenlooper
- Marguerite Salazar
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, "Home," accessed January 23, 2013
- Office of the Colorado Governor, "For Immediate Release: Gov. Hickenlooper names new Commissioner of Insurance," July 22, 2013
- Colorado Division of Insurance, "About the Commissioner," accessed July 21, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career financing for James L. Riesberg," accessed July 8, 2013
|Colorado Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|