Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 30|
Strawn has been Director of Marketing and Community Education at Highland Hospital since 1996. He earned his B.S. from West Virginia Wesleyan College with emphasis on Education and Helath. He received his M.A. from West Virginia College of Graduate Studies.
Strawn was defeated as one of fourteen candidates running for the seven positions in District 30 on the ballot in the November 2, 2010, general election. He was opposed in the general election by Republican candidates Michael Scott Hall, Brian F. Hicks, Fred Joseph, Eric Nelson, Daniel "Rick" Barnett, and Steve Sweeney; Democratic incumbents Bonnie Brown, Nancy Guthrie, Barbara Hatfield, Mark Hunt, Douglas Skaff, Jr., Sharon Spencer, and Danny Wells. Only the top seven vote-getters were elected.
Strawn's campaign themes center around the term "S.E.R.V.E."
- S - "Service to our community."
- E - "Empower the people of the 30th District"
- R - "Respect all. I am a man of character."
- V - "Vote! I encourage you to exercise your citizenship duty."
- E - "Everybody will be represented."
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Official list of West Virginia's November 2, 2010 candidates
- West Virginia House of Delegates official candidate list
- [https://web.archive.org/web/2/http://jimstrawn.com/ Strawn campaign website}
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 11, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- Strawn campaign website
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |