|Wisconsin State Senate District 5|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Jim Sullivan graduated from the University of Wisconsin at Madison in 1991 with a B.A. degree. He went on to receive his law degree from Marquette University in 2001. With this degree, he focused on health care regulation law and currently runs his own law office. From 1998 to 2006, he was part of the U.S. Navy Reserves. He is part of the State Fair Park Board, the Wisconsin Center District Board, the Midwest Higher Education Compact, and the Wisconsin Technology Council..
- Veterans and Military Affairs, Biotechnology, and Financial Institutions Committee, Wisconsin Senate, Chair
- Judiciary, Corrections, Insurance, Campaign Finance Reform, and Housing Committee, Wisconsin Senate
- Transportation, Tourism, Forestry, and Natural Resources Committee, Wisconsin Senate
- Joint Law Revision Committee
- Special Committee on Enhancing Recreational Trails for Non-motorized use, Chair
Sullivan is running for Milwaukee County Executive on the April 2011 election ballot.
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2010
Sullivan ran for re-election in the November 2, 2010, general election. He had no primary opposition. He was defeated by his opponent in the November 2, 2010 general election, Republican Leah Vukmir of the Wisconsin State Assembly District 14. 
|Wisconsin Senate, District 5 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Jim Sullivan (D)||7,214||99.71%|
Jim Sullivan raised $238,633 for his campaign, while incumbent Tom Reynolds raised $191,699.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 5 (2006)|
|Jim Sullivan (D)||36,148|
|Tom Reynolds (R)||33,686|
Sen. Sullivan has been involved in legislation supporting things such as:
- Veteran's benefits
- Funding for district attorneys
- Providing health care for everyone in Wisconsin and other health care reform
- Instituting an Indoor Environmental Quality in Schools Task Force
- Increased penalties for drunk driving
- Jim Sullivan Legislation on the Wisconsin Legislature website
- Jim Sullivan on State Surge - Bills sponsored
Past and current endorsements
He endorsed Ellen Brostrom for the Milwaukee County Circuit Court in 2009.
Sen. Sullivan's top contributors of 2008, according to the "National Institute on Money in State Politics" include: Wisconsin Pipe Trades, West Allis Professional Police Association, Wisconsin Wholesale Beer Distributors, Wisconsin Socity of Anesthesiologists, Marna N. Moolla, Wisconsin Credit Union League, and Wal-Mart
In 2008, Sullivan collected $20,665 in donations.
Listed below are the top four contributors to his campaign.
|West Allis Professional Police Association||$1,000|
|Wisconsin Wholesale Beer Distributors||$1,000|
Sen. Sullivan's top contributor of 2006 was the State Senate Democratic Campaign Committee of Wisconsin.
- Sullivan's campaign website
- Wisconsin Senate Biography
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2006, 2008
- Campaign website
- Interview with Sen. Sullivan from Wired Wisconsin (video)
- Biography of Jim Sullivan on StateSurge.com
- Sullivan on Facebook
- Sullivan on Twitter
Sullivan was born in Astoria, Oregon.
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Sullivan
- Law Office of James Sullivan, LLC
- Sen. Sullivan - WI Technology Council Board
- Sen. Sullivan's Biography from the WI Legislature website
- WisPolitics Sullivan Campaign: Announces candidacy for Milwaukee County Executive," September 28, 2010
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2006 General election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Follow the Money 2006
- " Governor Doyle Signs Bills into Law to Support Wisconsin Veterans, Men and Women in Uniform," WisBusiness.com, Nov. 12, 2007
- "Prosecutors want funds for DAs," Johnson Johnson of the Journal Sentinel, Feb. 13, 2008
- "Health proposal dead, senator says," Amy Rinard, Journal Sentinel, Oct. 20, 2007
- "Legislators propose health cost disclosure," Stacy Forster of the Journal Sentinel, Nov. 24, 2007
- SB41 - Wisconsin Legislature
- "Southeastern Wisconsin Legislators Introduce Legislation to Combat Drunk Driving," Wisconsin Legislature, Jan. 26, 2009
- Ellen Brostrom endorsements
- Jim Sullivan 2008 campaign contributions on Follow the Money.org
- 2008 contributors to Jim Sullivan
- Jim Sullivan 2006 campaign contributions on Follow the Money.org
|Wisconsin State Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|