For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Jim Van Engelenhoven
|Jim Van Engelenhoven|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 71|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|County Supervisor, Mahaska County|
|Service/branch||Iowa Air National Guard|
|Years of service||1964-1970|
|Date of birth||September 8, 1943|
|Place of birth||Oskaloosa, IA|
Van Engelenhoven is a farmer. He served in the Iowa Air National Guard from 1964-1970.
He is a member of 4-H, Iowa Corn Growers, Iowa Soybean Association, Mahaska County Farm Bureau, and the Oskaloosa Chamber of Commerce.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Engelenhoven served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Engelenhoven served on the following committees:
Van Engelenhoven won re-election to the 71st District seat against Pat VanZante (D). In the June 8th primary election, Van Engelenhoven defeated Republican primary opponent Mark Held by a margin of 2,455 to 755. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 71 General Election (2010)|
|Jim Van Engelenhoven (R)||8,285|
|Pat VanZante (D)||3,640|
On November 4, 2008, Van Engelenhoven was re-elected to the 71st District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Pat Vanzante (D). Van Engelenhoven raised $29,171 for his campaign, while Vanzante raised $6,279.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 71|
|Jim Van Engelenhoven (R)||9,442|
|Pat Vanzante (D)||5,829|
In 2010 Engelenhoven collected $23,241 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Van Engelenhoven's campaign in 2010|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$2,000|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$1,751|
|Iowans For Tax Relief||$1,250|
|Bankers Unite In Legislative Decisions Aka Build||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$23,241|
In 2008 Van Engelenhoven collected $29,171 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Republican Party||$7,393|
|Iowans for Tax Relief||$3,500|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$1,678|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + Engelenhoven + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jim Van Engelenhoven on the Iowa House Website
- Iowa House Republicans Profile
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Van Engelenhoven
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Jim Van Engelenhoven
|Iowa House of Representatives District 71
| Succeeded by|
Mark Smith (D)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |