Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Utah, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 24, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Vein was a 2012 Libertarian candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 4th Congressional District of Utah. He was defeated by Jim Matheson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Vein is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Utah's 4th District. Vein is seeking the Libertarian nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Vein ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Utah's 4th District. He ran unopposed in the June 26, 2012, Libertarian primary. Vein faced Jim Matheson (D) and Mia Love (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Matheson was declared the winner the day after the election.
According to the website Daily Kos, this race was one of nine top-ballot 2012 races that contained Libertarian candidates who received more total votes than was the difference between the Democratic winner and the GOP runner-up. In this case, Vein took in over 3,000 more votes than the number that separated Matheson and Love.
|U.S. House, Utah District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jim Matheson Incumbent||48.8%||119,803|
|Republican||Mia B. Love||48.5%||119,035|
|Libertarian||Jim L. Vein||2.6%||6,439|
|Source: Utah Lieutenant Governor "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Vein + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Utah's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Utah's 4th Congressional District
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 21, 2014
- Washington Post, "Republican Mia Love concedes to Democrat Jim Matheson in Utah," November 7, 2012
- Utah Lieutenant Governor - Candidate filings
- Daily Kos, "Libertarians provided the margin for Democrats and at least nine elections," November 15, 2012