JoAnn D. Osmond
|JoAnn D. Osmond|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 61|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||10|
|Assistant Minority Leader. Illinois State House|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Osmond is the Owner of Osmond Insurance Services, Limited.
She is past President of the Antioch Mental Health Association Board of Directors, and former member of the Parrish Council Finance Committee for Saint Peter Church.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Osmond served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Public Safety|
|• Human Services|
|• Mass Transit|
|• Tourism & Conventions|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Osmond served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health & Healthcare Disparities|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Osmond served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Electric Generation & Commerce|
|• Health Care Availability Access|
|• Judiciary I - Civil Law|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Osmond won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 61. Osmond was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and defeated Ed Erwin (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 61, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||JoAnn D. Osmond Incumbent||56.4%||24,734|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 61 (2010)|
|JoAnn D. Osmond (R)||21,578||64.75%|
|Scott Pollak (D)||11,745||35.25%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 61 (2008)|
|JoAnn Osmond (R)||26,164|
|Jim Parks (D)||23,913|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 61 (2006)|
|JoAnn Osmond (R)||24,041|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Osmond collected $177,006 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to JoAnn D. Osmond's campaign in 2010|
|Osmond, Joann D||$11,200|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$8,000|
|Health Care Service Corp||$7,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$177,006|
In 2008, Osmond collected $165,829 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Illinois Manufacturers Association||$6,200|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$6,000|
|JoAnn D. Osmond||$4,200|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Osmond received a score of 62.50 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of C- according to the IOP’s grading scale. Her score was tied for the 34th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term JoAnn + Osmond + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Woodland Officials Join Task Force on Charter School Funding - Patch.com
- Pension reformers: Take a bow - Chicago Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- JoAnn Osmond Official website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative JoAnn D. Osmond (R) 61st District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Osmond
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Illinois Endorsements," March 15, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results"
- ↑ Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- ↑ Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- ↑ Osmond Campaign Donors
- ↑ Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 61
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |