|Former candidate for|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 25|
Acela's professional experience includes working as a teacher and counselor in the Winterset Community School District.
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Stan Gustafson defeated Joan Acela in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 26, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Scott Ourth Incumbent||54%||6,725|
|Republican||James L. Butler||46%||5,726|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 25 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Stan Gustafson Incumbent||63.5%||1,261|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 25 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Julian B. Garrett Incumbent||58.5%||917|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joan + Acela + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Iowa Secretary of State - Official primary election candidate list
- Joan Acela campaign website, "About," accessed May 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |