Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 98|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Brausch's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need public education in this country. I am deeply concerned about the future of our kids' education."
Small Business Help
- Excerpt: "Small businesses need help to succeed because they are the job creation engines for our small towns. Our current state government has done a great job helping large corporations but small businesses with 2, 10 and 25 employees are what keep our small towns alive and lively."
Funding Infrastructure and the Gas Tax
- Excerpt: "I support raising the gas tax – say a penny a year. That way, both residents and tourists help bear the cost of paying for road repairs."
- Excerpt: "It is a human right to love and be loved. Having friends who are gay and lesbian, I know that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are people who love and want to be loved, who want to live ordinary, productive lives just like everyone else."
- Excerpt: "People who hunt should be able to have the necessary weapons they need for hunting. However, I would hope that, for the safety of all citizens, that we make sure that everyone using a gun has been trained to use that gun and has a permit to use that weapon."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Joan Brausch was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Gary Glenn defeated Karl Ieuter in the Republican primary. Glenn defeated Brausch in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 98 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 98 Republican Primary, 2014|
Brausch ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 98. She ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Jim Stamas (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 98, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Stamas Incumbent||58.9%||25,003|
In 2014, Brausch's endorsements included the following:
- Laborers International Union of North America
- Progressive Majority
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights
- Michigan AFL-CIO
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT) of Michigan
- Michigan Nurses Association
- MI Women Win PAC
- NOW Michigan PAC
- Midland Democratic Party
- Women's Campaign Fund
- Tri-County Building and Construction Trades Council
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers, Local 169
- MCEA (Midland) / MEA
- United Food and Commercial Workers Local 876
- International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers, Local 7
- Michigan Association for Justice
- National Association of Social Workers: Michigan Chapter
- UAW, Region 1-D
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joan + Brausch + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 98
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- brauschforhouse, "Official Campaign Website," accessed October 12, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Friends of Joan Brausch, "Joan's Endorsements," accessed October 14, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |