|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-1|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina, Charlotte|
|Birthday||January 23, 1948|
|Place of birth||Troy, NY|
|Religion||Protestant, Society of Friends|
Cole's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "We can get the best education through better funding approaches. Return me to the State House so Vermont can get the most from our tax dollars."
- "Keep Vermont green by utilizing our natural resources to provide for all our energy needs through renewable sources. Return me to the State House so Vermont can get the most from our tax dollars."
- Health Care
- "It is a basic right for all Vermonters to have the best healthcare we can give. Return me to the State House so Vermont can get the most from our tax dollars."
Cole's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Healthcare For All
- Excerpt: "Reduce paperwork with single payer. Decouple burden of health insurance from businesses."
- Energy Efficiency
- Excerpt: "Reduce Energy Demand by increasing efficiency. Encourage renewable energy production."
- Educational Costs
- Excerpt: "Reduce Property Taxes by funding more of bill with income tax (fairer). Incentives to encourage small school districts to consolidate."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cole served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-6-1 has two state representatives. Incumbent Joanna Cole was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Kurt Wright and Michael Ly were unopposed in the Republican primary. Loyal Ploof and Roy Collette are running as Libertarian candidates. Democrat Robert Hooper secured a place on the general election ballot after a successful write-in campaign. Wright and Cole defeated Hooper, Ly, Ploof and Collette in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden-6-1 District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kurt Wright Incumbent||31%||1,598|
|Democratic||Joanna Cole Incumbent||24.6%||1,265|
Cole won election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-1. Cole advanced past the August 28 Democratic primary and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|William Aswad Incumbent||34.1%||619|
Joanna Cole ran for the Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 3-1 in 2010. She ran against William Aswad in the Democratic primary on August 24, 2010. She lost to William Aswad (D) and Kurt Wright (R) in the November 2, 2010 general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Cole is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cole raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Joanna Cole's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-6-1||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012Cole won election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Cole raised a total of $0.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joanna Cole's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
Cole is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joanna + Cole + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Vermont State House Directory
- Joanna Cole, "Issues," accessed October 25, 2014
- Joanna Cole, "Funding Quality Education," September 12, 2014
- Joanna Cole, "Energy Efficency & Renewables," September 12, 2014
- Joanna Cole, "Healthcare for All," September 12, 2014
- Joanna Cole, "Campaign website," accessed April 23, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Cole, Joanna E," accessed September 21, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 23, 2014