|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-1|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina, Charlotte|
|Birthday||January 23, 1948|
|Place of birth||Troy, NY|
|Religion||Protestant, Society of Friends|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cole served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations|
Cole's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Healthcare For All
- Excerpt: "Reduce paperwork with single payer. Decouple burden of health insurance from businesses."
- Energy Efficiency
- Excerpt: "Reduce Energy Demand by increasing efficiency. Encourage renewable energy production."
- Educational Costs
- Excerpt: "Reduce Property Taxes by funding more of bill with income tax (fairer). Incentives to encourage small school districts to consolidate."
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-6-1 has two representatives. Incumbent Joanna Cole is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Kurt Wright and Michael Ly are unopposed in the Republican primary. Loyal Ploof and Roy Collette are running as Libertarian candidates.
Cole won election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-1. Cole advanced past the August 28 Democratic primary and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|William Aswad Incumbent||34.1%||619|
Joanna Cole ran for the Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 3-1 in 2010. She ran against William Aswad in the Democratic primary on August 24, 2010. She lost to William Aswad (D) and Kurt Wright (R) in the November 2, 2010 general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Cole is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cole raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Joanna Cole's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-6-1||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012Cole won election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Cole raised a total of $0.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joanna Cole's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Cole is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joanna + Cole + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Vermont State House Directory
- Joanna Cole, "Campaign website," accessed April 23, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Cole, Joanna E," accessed September 21, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 23, 2014