Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine State Senate, District 17|
|Date of birth||March 7, 1943|
|Place of birth||Newburgh, NY|
Dunlap is a retired teacher and currently a business owner.
Dunlap's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I know budgets are tight everywhere, but I don't believe they need to be balanced by making life harder for the middle class and keeping tax cuts for the wealthiest."
- Excerpt: "I understand our economy is suffering but removing rules that protect our beautiful state are not the answer."
- Excerpt: "Our school system should be something we can all be proud of, it is the tool for improving our children's lives."
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. Joanne Dunlap was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 18 incumbent Thomas Saviello was unopposed in the Republican primary. Saviello defeated Dunlap in the general election.
|Maine State Senate District 17, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Thomas Saviello Incumbent||69.5%||12,529|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Dunlap ran in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 18. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Thomas Saviello (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas Saviello Incumbent||61.9%||12,723|
Dunlap has a daughter, Abbi.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joanne + Dunlap + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Senate
- Maine State Senate elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate District 17
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Joanne Dunlap for Senate, homepage, accessed October 3, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012