|Montana House of Representatives, District 59|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Birthday||December 7, 1947|
|Place of birth||Laurel, Maryland|
Blyton's professional experience includes working as the owner of Service Station, branch secretary at NASA, bus driver for the Transportation Department, driver instructor for the Transportation Department, and transportation supervisor for the Transportation Department.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Blyton served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
|• State Administration|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Blyton served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Administration|
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Montana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for major party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Elli Elliott was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Howard defeated Joanne Blyton in the Republican primary. Howard defeated Elliott in the general election. Incumbent Edward Walker (R) did not seek re-election.
|Montana State Senate, District 29 Republican Primary, 2014|
Blyton won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 59. Blyton ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Paul Beck (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joanne Blyton Incumbent||51.4%||2,663|
On November 2, 2010, Blyton won election to the Montana House of Representatives. Blyton did not have any opposition in the June 8 primary. She faced Paul Beck (D) in the November 2 general election.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 59 General Election (2010)|
|Joanne Blyton (R)||2,426|
|Paul Beck (D)||1,990|
Comprehensive donor information for Blyton is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Blyton raised a total of $22,900 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 8, 2013.
|Joanne Blyton's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 59||$12,925|
|2010||Montana House, District 59||$9,975|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,900|
2012Blyton won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Blyton raised a total of $12,925.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joanne Blyton's campaign in 2012|
|Carbon County Democratic Central Committee||$675|
|Blyton, Don & Joanne||$500|
|Kelly, Deloris Rose||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$12,925|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Blyton was up for re-election, he collected $9,975 in donations.
No contributions to his campaign were over $1,000.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
Blyton and her husband, Don, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joanne + Blyton + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Personal Facebook page
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 12, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Blyton, Joanne G," accessed September 8, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed March 8, 2014
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
Paul Beck (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 59
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |