Job Creation and Economic Development Committee, Alabama State Senate
Per Rule 47 of the Senate Rules, committees of the Alabama State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Assignments, consisting of the President Pro Tempore, Lieutenant Governor, Senate Majority Leader and three additional members appointed by the President Pro Tempore. The rules do not specify how often committees are assigned. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President of the Senate serves as an ex officio member of each committee, except specific Local Legislation Committees, with the power to vote. The President may appoint a Senator who is not already on a committee to serve as his official substitute.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||The Committee on Job Creation and Economic Development, to which committee shall be referred bills pertaining to job creation and economic development, the Alabama Development Office, the expansion of existing industry, and other matters relating to economic growth. The Committee on Job Creation and Economic Development shall not exceed 11 members. This Committee is formed from a merger of the former Committee on Economic Expansion and Trade, and the Committee on Industrial Development and Recruitment. For statutory purposes, it is the expressed intent of the Senate that the Chairman of this Committee shall be entitled to all statutory duties and responsibilities as the former “Chairman of Economic Expansion and Trade,” as well as “Chairman of Economic Affairs.”||”|
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed February 11, 2014(Rule 47-b)
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014(Rule 48)
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 48-13)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.