|Alabama House of Representatives, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 7|
Letson currently works for Letson's Grocery as well as the Letson Brothers Farm. He previously worked as a jobsetter for General Motors.
He is involved with a number of organizations, including the Board of Mental Health, Boys and Girls Club of Hillsboro, Cattleman's Association, Hillsboro Baptist Church, Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce, and the Lawrence County Historical Commission.
Letson's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not provide an answer when asked his top legislative priorities.
Letson was a member of the following committees:
- Government Appropriations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Government Operations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on Salaries and Benefits
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Jody Letson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ken Johnson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Letson will face Johnson in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 7 General Election (2010)|
|Ken Johnson (D)||7,096|
|Jody Letson (R)||6,911|
Letson raised $83,329 for his campaign, while Robinson raised $0.
|Alabama State House, District 7 (2006)|
|Jody Letson (D)||8,470|
|Michael Robinson (R)||3,999|
In 2006, Letson collected $83,329 in donations.
Below are Letson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|John (Jody) Letson||$17,003|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$12,500|
|AL Education Assoc||$11,360|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$4,617|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,500|
- Alabama Legislature - Jody Letson
- Project Vote Smart - Jody Letson
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Letson
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Letson Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 7
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|