was a Democratic
candidate for District 12
of the North Carolina State Senate
. The primary election
was on May 4, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010
McCleod's website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a State Senator, Jody McLeod’s top priority will be to create good paying jobs for the middle class and working families."
- Excerpt: "Jody knows that with a top-tier public K-12 program that prepares our children for higher education, our community colleges and universities will produce a capable and competitive workforce in the global economy."
- Rural North Carolina and Responsible Growth
- Excerpt: "Due to its proximity to Raleigh and RTP, we continue to be one of the fastest growing communities in North Carolina. That’s why this area needs a dynamic leader that will take into account the rapidly growing towns while still respecting and maintaining our rural tradition. "
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2010
McCleod was defeated by incumbent David Rouzer (R) in the November 2 general election.