Alabama House of Representatives, District 85
Singleton graduated from Troy State University in 1991. He currently works as a Certified Public Accountant for his own firm and is also a managing member of Avinna, LLC. Singleton is also an entrepreneur.
Singleton and his wife, Amy, have three children.
Singleton's website listed the following issues:
- Industry and Economic Development
- Excerpt: "We must work to bring new jobs and new industries to our district. Together with our existing employers, we should also focus on improving the number of quality jobs already here at home."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "We must get the maximum value from our tax dollars. I will take my common sense and business background to Montgomery and work tirelessly to eliminate waste and bring fiscal responsibility to the budgetary process."
- Quality Education
- Excerpt: "We must ensure that our children receive the best education that we can provide. A quality education is essential for the success of our kids and our communities."
- Commitment to Public Service
- Excerpt: "If elected to serve, I pledge to you that I will do by best to faithfully and ethically represent all of the people and all of the communities that make up the slice of Alabama that we call home."
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 85 General Election (2010)|
|Dexter Grimsley (D)||6,692|
|Jody Singleton (R)||6,255|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 85 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Jody Singleton (R)||2,437|
|Bobby Lewis (R)||742|
Singleton was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
- Jody Singleton's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of Republican candidates certified for the June 1, 2010 primary in Alabama
- Jody Singleton on Facebook
- The Wetumpka Herald, Senate, House elections will be critical
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|