For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 56|
|Years of service||c. 1970|
|Date of birth||January 5, 1951|
|Profession||Retired auto worker/filmmaker/author|
Astro, a licensed Realtor and commercial truck driver, retired from the Ford Motor Company after 2005. Since then, he has become a filmmaker, claiming to have studied under the likes of screenwriters Syd Field and Oliver Stone. He is the author of Showdown, a fiction novel which is described as "a well researched Cannabis Expose'" (sic). He studied at Monroe County Community College.
Astro considers himself a "Progressive Democrat." His populist platform includes banking reform, increased education funding, public works, accountability from government officials, a simplified tax system, and more ethanol plants.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 56 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Astro + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vote411, Michigan House District 056, accessed August 7, 2012 (dead link)
- Amazon.com, listing for Showdown, accessed August 7, 2012
- Committee for Joe Astro, "Mission," accessed August 7, 2012
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |