Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 56|
|Years of service||c. 1970|
|Birthday||January 5, 1951|
|Profession||Retired auto worker/filmmaker/author|
Astro, a licensed Realtor and commercial truck driver, retired from the Ford Motor Company after 2005. Since then, he has become a filmmaker, claiming to have studied under the likes of screenwriters Syd Field and Oliver Stone. He is the author of Showdown, a fiction novel which is described as "a well researched Cannabis Expose'" (sic). He studied at Monroe County Community College.
Astro considers himself a "Progressive Democrat." His populist platform includes banking reform, increased education funding, public works, accountability from government officials, a simplified tax system, and more ethanol plants.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 56 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Astro + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Community Calendar, April 28 - Oakland Press
- L'Uomo con i Pugni di Ferro: la prima clip italiana e il pressbook - cartoonMag (Blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Vote411, Michigan House District 056, retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Amazon.com, listing for Showdown, retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Committee for Joe Astro, "Mission," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 6, 2012
- ↑ Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |