|Montana State Senate District 34|
|2005-June 6, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||8 years in any 16-year period|
|Montana State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana, 1978|
|Birthday||October 26, 1956|
|Place of birth||Great Falls, MT|
Balyeat earned his BS from the University of Montana in 1978.
Balyeat was Chair of Montanans For Better Government from 1998 to 2000. He has worked as a Certified Public Accountant from 1978 to the present. He has also been an author since 1990 and Director of Montana Shooting Sports Association since 1998.
Balyeat was Chief Spokesman for the CI-75 Tax Limitation Campaign in 1998. He served in the Montana State House of Representatives from 2001 to 2005. He joined the Montana State Senate in 2005, serving until June 6, 2012, when he resigned to focus more on activism. He is the state director of Americans for Prosperity.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Balyeat served on these committees:
- Business, Labor and Economic Affairs, Chair
- Fish and Game, Vice Chair
- State Administration
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Balyeat served on these committees:
- Business, Labor, and Economic Affairs Committee, Montana Senate
- Fish and Game Committee, Montana Senate
- State Administration Committee, Montana Senate
|Montana State Senate, District 34 (2008)|
|Joe Balyeat (R)||8,386|
In 2008, Balyeat collected $5,600 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Montana Association of Realtors||$160|
|Montana Contractors Association||$160|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Joe + Balyeat + Montana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana Conservative Groups Address IRS Controversy - Flathead Beacon
- Medicaid arguments don't quite add up - Billingsnews
- Sees positives and negatives for Montana - Choteau Acantha
- Pro-fracking screening Thursday at the Yogo - Lewistown News-Argus
- Guest opinion: Irresponsible spending continues in Helena - Billings Gazette
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Balyeat and his wife, Linda Lee, have three children.
- Joe Balyeat's official Montana State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Montana Senate District 34
2005–June 6, 2012
| Succeeded by|
Scott Sales (R)