|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Diminico served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Executive and Legislative Nominations|
|• Public Health|
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Incumbent Joe Diminico was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Walt Bochnik was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bochnik withdrew from the race in late August and was replaced by Mark Tweedie (R). Tweedie defeated Diminico in the general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives District 13, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Joe Diminico Incumbent||47.5%||3,876|
Diminico ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 13. Diminico defeated Tom Gullotta in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. He defeated Mark Tweedie (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 13, General Election, 2012|
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 13 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Diminico is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Diminico raised a total of $42,765 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 16, 2013.
|Joe Diminico's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut State House, District 13||$42,765|
|Grand Total Raised||$42,765|
2012Diminico won election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Diminico raised a total of $42,765.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Diminico's campaign in 2012|
|Cummings, Theodore T||$100|
|Guachione, Daniel C||$100|
|Mccavanagh, James R||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$42,765|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "issues important to Connecticut's working men and women."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key environmental bills."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Diminico + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Joe Diminico on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Journal Inquirer, "Tweedie to run in rematch with Diminico," September 9, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official primary and general election results," accessed November 26, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate list," accessed June 19, 2012
- CBS Connecticut, "2012 Primary Results," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 21, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Diminico, Joe," accessed July 16, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
John Thompson (D)
|Connecticut House of Representatives 13
| Succeeded by|
Mark Tweedie (R)
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |