|Oregon House of Representatives District 30|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Portland State University|
|Master's||Portland State University|
|Ph.D.||University of Denver, 1978|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Profession||Owner, Western Research Associates/Professor|
Gallegos earned his B.S. in Psychology from Portland State University, his master's degree in Social Work from Portland State University and his Ph.D. in Social Welfare from the University of Denver in 1978. His professional experience includes serving as President of Western Research Associates and Professor Emeritus at the University of Portland from 1988 to 2011. Gallegos served in the United States Air Force.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gallegos served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education and Workforce Development|
|• Human Services and Housing|
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Joe Gallegos was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Dan Mason was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kyle Markley is running as a Libertarian candidate. Gallegos, Mason and Markley will face off in the general election.
Gallegos won election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 30. He replaced Adriana Canas on the ballot after she withdrew in June. Gallegos defeated incumbent Shawn Lindsay (R) and Kyle Markley (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Shawn Lindsay Incumbent||44.7%||11,096|
Comprehensive donor information for Gallegos is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gallegos raised a total of $648,343 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|Joe Gallegos's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State House, District 30||$648,343|
|Grand Total Raised||$648,343|
2012Gallegos won election to the Oregon State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Gallegos raised a total of $648,343.
|Oregon State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Gallegos's campaign in 2012|
|Building Trades PAC||$241,054|
|Service Employees Local 530||$102,222|
|Oregon Democratic Party||$85,948|
|Oregon Public Employees Local 530||$29,799|
|Oregon Education Association||$28,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$648,343|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to July 9. In 2014, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to March 10.
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 Senate Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 House Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2014 State Legislative Summary
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills that impacted the businesses of family farmers and ranchers.
- American Federation of Teachers-Oregon: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for issues that are important to AFT-Oregon. Priorities of the organization are based on the issues most important to its members working lives.
- Associated Oregon Industries: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to the business community.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to civil liberties.
- Oregon Education Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their record in advocating for and advancing Oregon's public schools.
- Stand for Children-Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to Oregon's public schools.
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to conservation.
Gallegos and his wife, Sheila, have one daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Gallegos + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Gallegos," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Live, "Democrat Adriana Canas drops candidacy against Oregon Rep. Shawn Lindsay of Hillsboro," June 19, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Gallegos, Joe," accessed June 13, 2013
- Oregonlive.com, "Joseph Gallegos wins Democratic nomination for Hillsboro legislative seat," accessed October 4, 2012
Shawn Lindsay (R)
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 30
| Succeeded by|