|Minnesota State Senate District 13|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Associate's||Wilmar Technical College|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1975-1979|
|Date of birth||July 31, 1957|
|Place of birth||Richmond, MN|
|Profession||Owner, Gimse Brothers Inc.|
Gimse graduated with his Associate's in Applied Sciences from Willimar Tech in 1987. Gimse is a small business owner in addition to being a Senator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gimse served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gimse served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Veterans
- Agriculture and Veterans Budget and Policy Division
- Business, Industry and Jobs
- State and Local Government Operations and Oversight
- Transportation Budget and Policy Division.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Lyle Koenen Incumbent||55.5%||21,621|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 13 (2010)|
|Joe Gimse (R)||16485||54.89%|
|Larry Rice (DFL)||13514||45.00%|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 13 (2006)|
|Joe Gimse (R)||16,222||50.79%|
|Dean Elton Johnson (DFL)||15,669||49.06%|
In 2010, Gimse received $37,574 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Gimse's campaign in 2010|
|Kandiyohi County Republicans||$3,100|
|Total Raised in 2010||$37,574|
In 2006, Gimse collected $46,013 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Polk County Republicans||$2,500|
|Kandiyohi County Republicans||$1,500|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Joe + Gimse + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Gimse represents Minnesota Senate District 13. District 13 includes the Willimar Region.
Joe is married to Lanae Gimse. The have four children and reside in Willimar, Minnesota.
- Joe Gimse's official campaign website
- Joe Gimse's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- Joe Gimse on Facebook
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State of Minnesota Canvassing Report," accessed May 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Results General Election - Nov. 7, 2006," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Joe Gimse
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
- "Minnesota Secretary of State" Map of Senate District 10
|Minnesota State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|
Michelle Fischbach (R)