Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Ohio, District 2|
|High school||Portsmouth High School|
|Bachelor's||George Washington University|
|Master's||University of the District of Columbia|
|Place of birth||Lawrence County, OH|
Green was born in Lawrence County, Ohio. He graduated from Portsmouth High School in Portsmouth, Ohio, then attended the University of Cincinnati. He finished his undergraduate career at George Washington University. Green also completed a Masters in Public Administration and did post-graduate studies at the University of Tel Aviv, Israel. Green has been an intern on Capitol Hill, a policy analyst for a health care association, and has worked at IBM. He currently runs a management and technical consulting firm, NPRC, Inc.
Disqualified from Ballot
Green was disqualified from the primary ballot in January 2012. Green was dropped from the ballot after the Ohio Secretary of State officially scheduled the primary election for March 6, 2012. Green's filing forms and signatures, which were filed before the date was announced, had listed a June primary date. The technicality made Green's original filing invalid. He is now running as a write-in candidate.
Green's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Attract Professional and Technical Services (P&T) Jobs to Southern Ohio
- Excerpt: "Establish regional development plans for business parks and designated green areas in OH-02."
- Support Training and Employment in Trades
- Excerpt: "Southern Ohio workforce, businesses, and educators are well positioned to launch successful training and employment programs in trades."
- Protect U.S. Manufacturing Jobs from China’s Unfair Trade Practices
- Excerpt: "The U.S. has lost over six million jobs in manufacturing since 1979. Article I of the Constitution mandates Congress to regulate commerce and protect America’s intellectual property rights."
|U.S. House, Ohio's 2nd Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jean Schmidt Incumbent||42.9%||37,383|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Joe + Green + Ohio + Congress + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- GOP Hopes IRS Scandal Will Snag Health Care Law - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- ROONEY: Make time for weird artifacts on next vacation itinerary - Florida Times-Union
- Late Night Political Jokes - Akron Beacon Journal (blog)
- Events in Connecticut - New York Times
- Thanks all around for a successful Throwdown - Marietta Times
- Reince Priebus: 'You Don't Call For Impeachment Until You Have Evidence' - Huffington Post
- Green Team gets new director - WFMJ
- Mercy's top students prepared for college - Cincinnati.com
- Pa. coffee run leads to hatchet hitchhiker arrest - WCMH: News, Weather, and ... - NBC4i.com
- Obama Net Worth Between $1.8M And $6.8M, Owes Money On Mortgage On ... - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Green is married and has one child.
- ↑ Columbus Dispatch "Challenger going after Schmidt in Congress" Accessed January 16, 2012
- ↑ Campaign website "Biography" Accessed February 18, 2012
- ↑ Portsmouth Daily Times "Date change drops Green from ballot" Accessed February 18, 2012
- ↑ Campaign website, 3-Point Plan
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State "Unofficial election results," Accessed March 6, 2012