|Virginia House of Delegates District 4|
|1990 - 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||4|
|Date of birth||12/12/1931|
|Place of birth||Washington County, VA|
Johnson's professional experience includes serving as a Substitute Judge for the Twenty-eighth General District Court from 1971 to 1989. He served in the United States Air Force from 1951 to 1955.
In the 2012-2013 session, Johnson served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Johnson served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #1
- Subcommittee #3
- Joint Rules
- HB 1821 Concealed handguns; prohibited from carrying onto premises of restaurants and consuming alcohol.
- HB 1822 Handguns; exempts permit holders from prohibition against carrying onto school property.
- HB 2005 Charter; City of Bristol.
- HB 2559 Homestead exemption; increases for householders who are 65 years of age or older.
On November 8, 2011, Johnson won re-election to District 4 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He obtained the Democratic nomination and ran unopposed in the November 8 general election.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
On November 3, 2009, Johnson won re-election to the 4th District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Johnson raised $17,844 for his campaign.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 4 (2009)|
|Joseph P Johnson Jr (D)||12,967||97.5%|
In 2011, Johnson received $20,975 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Johnson's campaign in 2011|
|Alpha Resource Services LLC||$6,000|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,500|
|Virginia Dental Association||$1,000|
|Virginia Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$20,975|
The top five donors to Johnson's 2009 campaign:
|Alpha Natural Resources||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$1,500|
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 4
| Succeeded by|
A. Benton Chafin (R)
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |