Joe Miller (Alaska)
|U.S. Senate, Alaska|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 19, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Alaska|
Miller graduated from West Point in 1989. He then served as an armor officer with the 1st Infantry Division in Desert Storm. Miller then earned his J.D. from Yale Law School and his master's degree in economics from the University of Alaska. At age 30, he was appointed as a State Magistrate. Four years later he was appointed an Acting State District Court Judge and U.S. Magistrate Judge in Fairbanks.
Miller is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Alaska. Miller will face Mead Treadwell, Daniel S. Sullivan and John Jaramillo in the Republican primary election. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
- Miller received the endorsements of two of the most prominent groups which advocate for Second Amendment rights, The Gun Owners of America’s Political Victory Fund and the National Association for Gun Rights PAC.
- Alaska Right to Life PAC: "The pro-life position Joe Miller takes isn’t merely a common political platitude, but is centered in the core of who he is. Joe will be a champion for the pro-life cause in Washington and is exactly the caliber of man we need representing Alaska in the US Senate. Alaska Right to Life’s Political Action Committee is proud to endorse him."
Miller ran for election to the U.S. Senate in 2010. He challenged and defeated incumbent Lisa Murkowski in the Republican primary. However, Murkowski defeated him in the general election as a write-in candidate.
|Joe Miller (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$426,783.51||$47.14||$(850.00)||$425,980.65|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$425,980.65||$18,394.34||$(126,920.07)||$317,454.92|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$317,454.92||$13,691.00||$(43,440.49)||$287,705.43|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$287,705||$30,490||$(86,489)||$231,705|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$231,705||$101,400||$(37,751)||$295,354|
Miller and his wife, Kathleen, live in Fairbanks.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Miller + Alaska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Politico, "Mead Treadwell to run for Senate in Alaska," June 18, 2013
- Campaign website, "About Joe Miller," accessed June 12, 2014
- Delta News Web, "National Association for Gun Rights PAC Endorses Joe Miller for U.S. Senate," March 18, 2014
- People's Pundit Daily, "Alaska Senate Candidate Joe Miller Picks Up Key Endorsement From Pro-Life Group," April 17, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Joe Miller April Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Joe Miller July Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Joe Miller October Quarterly," accessed October 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Joe Miller Year-End," accessed February 14, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Joe Miller April Quarterly," accessed April 29, 2014