|Iowa House of Representatives District 30|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Southeast Polk High School|
|Bachelor's||Upper Iowa University|
|Profession||Golf Course Manager|
Riding currently manages his family's golf course. He attended Upper Iowa University, receiving a Bachelor's degree.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Riding served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
|• Ways and Means|
Riding's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The State’s role in the economy is to create an environment that allows all businesses, both large and small, to be created, to expand, and to prosper."
- Excerpt:"In my discussions with teachers and school administrators, the lack of parental involvement in their children’s education is the single biggest issue that faces our educational system today."
- Excerpt:"The United States Constitution guarantees its citizens the right to bear arms. I will work with all individuals and groups to protect these rights."
- Excerpt:"A group has the right to organize and collective bargain on their behalf for their wages and benefits."
Riding ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 30. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent David Jacoby ran in district 74 due to redistricting. Riding defeated Jim Carley (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Riding and his wife of 20 years, Leann, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Riding + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fleeing Oregon Suspect Begs Cops To Save Him From Columbia River - Huffington Post
- Overcoming All Odds - SLAM Online
- Learning to enjoy the ride - Algona Upper Des Moines
- Joe Scarborough Blows Up At David Axelrod Over AP (VIDEO) - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- Your Students, Your Schools -- Des Moines east/north - DesMoinesRegister.com
- Rand Paul: "Anti-American Globalists" Threaten the Constitution - The New American
- Purdue men's basketball to face IU once - WLFI.com
- What's Happenin': Summer 2013 - River Cities' Reader - River Cities Reader
- Vacation Iowa: 2013 Central Region events - DesMoinesRegister.com
- 'Rare Affair' features barn quilts, ride in a Velie - Quad-City Times - Quad City Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
David Jacoby (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Iowa blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Districts |