For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Colorado House of Representatives District 5|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Judd's professional experience includes working as an attorney with his own practice and for Reckseen & Lau and Feder & Morris.
He is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, Colorado State Bar Association and Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.
Judd provided answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. When asked his legislative priorities he responded:
"Passing the Savings Account for Education and closing the oil and gas property tax loophole in November will provide resources and flexibility to improve education and mental health, reducing the prison drain on our budget and freeing up resources for higher education, health care, infrastructure, the environment, etc."
Judd's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1342 - Eliminate Cigarette Sales Tax Exemption
- HB 09-1093 - Corp Taxpayer Reporting Requirements
- HB 09-1014 - Conservation Easement Oversight
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Judd was ineligible to run for re-election to the 5th District seat due to the term limits of the Colorado House of Representatives. He instead ran for the district 34 seat of the Colorado State Senate. He was defeated in the primary by incumbent Lucia Guzman.
Judd raised $34,872 for his campaign, while Swiontek raised $567.
|Colorado State House, District 5 (2008)|
|Joel Judd (D)||21,493|
|J. J. Swiontek (R)||5,160|
Below are Judd's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,250|
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$2,000|
|Colorado Chiropractic Association||$1,000|
|Colorado Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|Colorado Assoc of Public Employees||$600|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Joel + Judd + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 11, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Colorado House District 5
| Succeeded by|