was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 18
of the California State Assembly
Young's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Bring jobs here to our community
- Excerpt: "I’m going to make sure that state agencies are buying goods and services from California businesses. The $7.2 billion dollar Bay bridge span was built overseas by thousands of workers."
- Bring high tech start-ups to the East Bay
- Excerpt: "Other Bay area cities are outpacing Oakland, Alameda, and San Leandro in creating green and information technology jobs. We have the potential to attract high tech firms. We have a workforce that is ready to lead the way."
- Bring early childhood education to every child in our community
- Excerpt: "We know that young men of color start to fall behind at an early age, and that as each year goes by it becomes harder and more expensive to intervene, right up to the point that they land in prison. We know that every dollar we invest in early childhood education saves almost three dollars in prison spending down the road. We know that, and yet we’ve failed to act. "
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Young ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 18. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 18 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Joel Young
|| Rhonda Weber
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joel + Young + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Joel Young News Feed