|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 9-1|
|January 7, 2015 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Purvis served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Agriculture and Forest Products|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-9-1 has two state representatives. Incumbent Jim Condon and Curt Taylor were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Joey Purvis and Lane Esden were unopposed in the Republican primary. Condon and Purvis defeated Esden and Taylor in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden-9-1 District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Jim Condon Incumbent||31.1%||1,024|
|Republican||Joey A. Purvis||27.3%||897|
Purvis ran for election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 9-1. Purvis was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joey + Purvis + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont House Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Profile from the Vermont General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Vermont State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results," accessed July 12, 2014