John Andrew Harris
|John Andrew Harris|
|U.S. House, Alabama, District 3|
|Religion||African Methodist Episcopal Baptist|
John Andrew Harris was a 2012 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House representing the 3rd Congressional District of Alabama. He was defeated by Mike Rogers in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Harris's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs, Jobs, and more Jobs
- Excerpt: "Unemployment has dropped over the last year! Prior to this time unemployment soars to unimaginable bondaries! Eight years under the leadership of former President George Bush left our nation, our state and our community on a jobs starvation diet. "
- Excerpt: "Our Educational System for America has fallen from first and the highly technical nations to worse. Alabama is even worse than that and the 3rd Congressional District level of education is just down right deplorable!"
- Excerpt: "America must balance her budget! Just as families are required to balance their budgets, so must our government! How we balance our budget is critical to the working poor and middle class of America! We must not make drastic cuts that will implode our nation's economy and bankrupt America!"
- National Defense/Security
- Excerpt: "Amid the threats of terrorism facing America our military, CIA and FBI need to be strong. America must be protected from rogue nations who sought to develop nuclear warhead; make terroristic strikes on the United States of America and it's allies. We must have a strong resolve that America will stand head and shoulders above any other nation on this planet!"
- Infrastructure Repairs
- Excerpt: "Bridges and highways in America are in a sad state of disrepair! It is time to put Americans back to work rebuilding our highways and bridges: America lags behind in the high speed rail transportation. Investments into new technology and procedures on how roads are repaired has to be implemented which would decrease the amount of times a road need to be repaved."
Harris ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Alabama's 3rd District. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 13. He was defeated by incumbent Republican Mike Rogers in the November 6 general election.
|U.S. House, Alabama, District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democrat||John Andrew Harris||35.8%||98,141|
|Republican||Mike Rogers Incumbent||64%||175,306|
|Source: Alabama Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Alabama District 3, 2012 - John Andrew Harris Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,069,891|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$982,102|
|Top contributors to John Andrew Harris's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Harris is married and has seven children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term John + Harris + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pop and Jazz Music - New York Times
- Shots Fired During Christoph Waltz Interview at Cannes (VIDEO) - Variety
- Troup schools honor retirees for 2012-2013 school year - LaGrange Daily News
- Mobile County school news for May 19 - Press-Register - al.com (blog)
- Pentagon Continues Use of China Satellite in New Lease - Bloomberg
- 5th West Virginia Music Hall of Fame Inductees Announced - Cybergrass Bluegrass Music News
- College football countdown
- Thursday, May 16, 2013; Mark your calendar - walkermessenger
- Harris: Let's talk about this rule change - Tribune-Review
- Festivals guide 2013 listings: European - The Guardian
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found