John B. Simon
|John B. Simon|
|Illinois First District Appellate Court|
|Appointed by:||Illinois Supreme Court|
|Preceded by:||Michael J. Murphy|
|Past post:||Partner, Jenner & Block|
|Undergraduate:||University of Wisconsin at Madison|
|Law School:||DePaul University College of Law|
|Candidate for:||Illinois First District Appellate Court|
|Election information 2014:|
John B. Simon is a judge on the Illinois First District Appellate Court. He was appointed to this position by the Supreme Court on October 11, 2012, to replace the late Michael J. Murphy (Illinois). He was sworn in on November 16, 2012. He was elected to a full term on the Illinois First District Appellate Court in 2014. His term expires on December 1, 2024. 
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2014
| Simon ran for election to the Illinois First District Appellate Court.
Primary: He was successful in the Democratic primary on March 18, 2014, receiving 54.2% of the vote. He competed against Sharon Oden-Johnson.
General: He was unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014.
The Illinois State Bar Association rated Simon as Highly Qualified for election in 2014.
Simon was admitted to the Illinois Bar in 1967. He began his career as an Assistant U.S. Attorney. In that position, he became Chief of the Civil Division. Seven years later, he joined a private law firm and began practicing corporate transactional and governmental law. In 1986, he became a partner of Jenner & Block in Chicago. He worked in that position until his judicial appointment in 2012.
- Appellate Judges of the First District
- Illinois State Bar Association, "John B. Simon to be sworn-in on Nov. 16," November 12, 2012
- Supreme Court of Illinois, "Supreme Court Appoints Chicago Attorney John B. Simon to the Appellate Court," October 11, 2012
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Simon sworn-in as 1st District Appellate Justice," November 17, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List- General Primary," March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official Canvass, General Primary Election," March 18, 2014
- Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago, "General Primary Election, Unofficial Summary Report," March 18, 2014, archived March 21, 2014
- Cook County Clerk, "Gubernatorial Primary Election," March 18, 2014, archived March 21, 2014
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Judicial Evaluations," October 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |