|New Jersey State Senate, District 10|
|(timed out) Campaign website|
Bendel has worked as the editor of the Herald News editorial page, a humor columnist and editor of National Lampoon's True Facts.
Bendel's website highlighted his reasons for running:
"I am running for the New Jersey State Senate as a Democrat against those who favor the wealthy at the considerable expense of everyone else; a party that believes money is speech, and corporations have souls.
"Here in Ocean County, I support the real America, the living, breathing, working America, the country with a compassionate heart, a patriotic soul, and -- God bless us all -- a functioning brain."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Bendel ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 10. Bendel was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Jim Holzapfel (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 10 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||James Holzapfel Incumbent||69.7%||45,565|
In 2013, Bendel’s endorsements included the following:
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
Bendel currently resides with his wife, Peggy, in Island Heights, New Jersey. They have two children.
Bendel has served on the Island Heights council and/or planning board for over a decade.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Bendel + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- Bendel for Senate (timed out)
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections," accessed September 3, 2013