For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Louisiana House of Representatives, District 49|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||February 21, 2015|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1980 - 1997|
A special election for the position of Louisiana House of Representatives District 49 was called for February 21, with a runoff, if necessary, on March 28. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 9.
Bering ran in the 2011 election for Louisiana House of Representatives District 49. He faced incumbent Simone Champagne (R) and Larry Rader (D) in the primary election on October 22, 2011. Because Louisiana uses a blanket primary system, a candidate can be declared the overall winner of the seat by garnering 50 percent +1 of the vote in the primary.
|Louisiana House of Representatives, District 49 Blanket Primary, 2011|
|Republican||Simone Champagne Incumbent||69.5%||7,028|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Bering + Louisiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisiana House of Representatives
- Louisiana House of Representatives District 49
- Louisiana State Legislature
- State legislative special elections, 2015
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Election results," accessed February 23, 2015
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed January 28, 2015
- KATC, "Rep. Simone Champagne resigning on Dec. 31," December 4, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Get Election Information," accessed January 27, 2015
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Louisiana Supreme Court | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Family Court | Juvenile Courts | Parish Courts | Justice of the Peace Courts | City Courts | Mayor's Courts | Magistrate Courts | Traffic Courts | Judicial selection in Louisiana |