Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, California|
|High school||Chatsworth High School, 1975|
|Place of birth||Huntsville, AL|
Boruff's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Right to Keep & Bear Arms
- Excerpt: "As a member of the NRA, I believe the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment are clear, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.” As your Senator, I will fight for your right to keep and bear arms."
- Balanced Budget Amendment
- Excerpt: "In almost every study published on economics, one basic fact stands out: no entity, be it private, corporate or government, can indefinitely spend more than it receives in revenues. And yet, too many administrators of our past governments, and most obviously the present one, have ignored that basic principle."
- Excerpt: "I will support the revoking of, in its entirety, the appalling mess popularly called Obamacare. The Federal Government should not have the power to force a citizen to buy anything. I will support laws that level the playing field."
- Excerpt: "We must secure our borders and, at the same time, find a solution to the estimated 10 to 12 million illegal immigrants who are living in the shadows. I do not believe in amnesty."
- Family Values
- Excerpt: "As a Christian I cannot support a law, which allows our government to take the life of an innocent human being of any age. I firmly believe that life begins at conception. The issue of abortion goes beyond the boundary of social issues. "
Boruff and his wife, Laurie, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Boruff + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |