For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
John J. Burns
|John J. Burns|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Attorney General of Alaska|
|2010 - January 2, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Alaska-Fairbanks|
|J.D.||University of Puget Sound School of Law|
- Bachelor's degree in history, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Juris Doctorate degree, University of Puget Sound School of Law
Shortly after receiving his law degree, Burns returned briefly to the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) where he served an adjunct faculty member teaching both graduate and undergraduate business law course. He then joined the Anchorage-based private firm of Birch, Horton, Bittner & Cherot before establishing his own practice, Borgeson & Burns, in 1999.
- Member, Chancellor's Advisory Committee at the University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Member, Hospice of the Tanana Valley - Board of Directors
Office of Alaska Attorney General
Post Office Box 110300
Juneau, AK 99811-0300
Phone: (907) 465-2133
Fax: (907) 465-2075
- Legal Newsline, "Burns is Alaska's new attorney general" 1 Dec. 2010
- Homer News, "Fairbanks attorney named AG" 1 Dec. 2010
- News Miner, "Alaska legislators say they understand Attorney General John Burns' resignation," November 30, 2011
- http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/new-alaska-attorney-general-named-governor Alaska Dispatch, "New Alaska attorney general named by governor," January 12, 2012]
Daniel S. Sullivan
|Alaska Attorney General
| Succeeded by|