|Hometown:||San Antonio, TX|
|Undergraduate:||Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1999|
|Law School:||University of Texas School of Law, 2003|
|Candidate for:||45th District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2014
| Bustamante ran for election to the 45th District Court.
Primary: He was successful in the Democratic primary on March 4, 2014, receiving 46.4% of the vote. He competed against Milton Fagin and Laura Flores Macom.
Runoff: Because no candidate received more than 50% of the vote, Bustamante faced Macom in a runoff election on May 27, 2014. He won, receiving 51.3% of the vote.
General: He was defeated in the general election on November 4, 2014, after receiving 46.6% of the vote. He competed against Stephani Walsh.
- 2009-Present: Owner, Bustamante PC
- 2009-Present: Of counsel, Denko Coburn Lauff LLP
- 2005-2009: Attorney, Fish & Richardson
- 2003-2005: Attorney, Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich
- Texas judicial elections
- 45th District Court
- Courts in Texas
- Texas' 23rd Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2012
- U.S. House elections, 2012
- Official website of Bexar County, accessed June 2, 2014
- Bustamante for Judge campaign website
- Official campaign website]]
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign Facebook page
- Official campaign Twitter page
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (A-L)"
- Star-Telegram, "A crowded District 6 race," September 14, 2011
- Bexar County, "Primary Runoff Election Results," May 27, 2014
- Bexar County Texas, "Primary Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Texas Democrats, "2012 Candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012 (dead link)
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Democratic primary results," May 29, 2012 (timed out)
- John Bustamante for Judge, "Biography," accessed August 14, 2014