John Cooper (Arkansas)
|Arkansas State Senate, District 21|
|January 29, 2014 - Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||January 14, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
A special election for the position of Arkansas State Senate District 21 was called for January 14, with a primary on October 8, 2013. A primary runoff took place on November 12, 2013. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was September 6, 2013. The seat was vacant following Paul Bookout's (D) resignation on August 21, 2013, after he was fined $8,000 by the Arkansas Ethics Commission for spending campaign funds on personal items. Steve Rockwell and Radius Baker advanced past Gene Roebuck and Ray Kidd in the Democratic primary. Rockwell defeated Baker in the Democratic primary runoff. Dan Sullivan and John Cooper advanced past Chad Niell in the Republican primary. Cooper defeated Sullivan in the Republican primary runoff. John Cooper (R) defeated Steve Rockwell (D) in the special election, which took place on January 14.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 21, Special Election, 2014|
Cooper ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 59. Cooper ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and was defeated by Butch Wilkins (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Butch Wilkins Incumbent||53.7%||4,390|
|Republican||John R. Cooper||46.3%||3,790|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Cooper + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- arkansasmatters.com, "Gov. Beebe Sets Special Election to Replace Recently Resigned Senator," August 28, 2013
- sos.arkansas.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed September 9, 2013
- therepublic.com, "GOP, Democrats each headed to runoff for Ark. Senate seat in special election," October 8, 2013
- kait8.com, "AR State Senate District 21 Primary Final Results," November 12, 2013
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 30, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
Paul Bookout (D)
|Arkansas State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|