|Florida House of Representatives, District 43|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner, corrections officer|
Cortes's professional experience includes working as a small business owner and corrections officer.
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. John Cortes defeated incumbent Ricardo Rangel in the Democratic primary, while Carlos L. Irizarry, Sr. was unopposed in the Republican primary. Cortes will face Irizarry in the general election.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Ricardo Rangel Incumbent||48.3%||2,653|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Cortes + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House of Representatives District 43
- Florida House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida Division of Elections - Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- John Cortes on Facebook
- John Cortes on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed August 11, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 14, 2012
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |