|Utah State Auditor|
|January 7, 2013-present|
|Years in position||0|
|Predecessor||Auston Johnson (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Utah House of Representatives District 27|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Master's||Brigham Young University|
Prior to his election as Utah Auditor, Dougall worked as an Electrical Engineer and businessman.
Dougall earned his BSE, MSE, and MBA from Brigham Young University.
Utah Auditor (2013-present)
Dougall was first elected state auditor of Utah on November 6, 2012. He took office on January 7, 2013.
State House (2003-2013)
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dougall served on the following committees:
- Ethics Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Executive Appropriations, Vice Chair
- Public Utilities and Technology Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Social Services Appropriations
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dougall served on the following committees:
- Ethics Committee, Utah House
- Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Committee, Utah House
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah House
Dougall ran for Utah State Auditor in 2012. He defeated incumbent Auston Johnson in the June 26 Republican primary. Dougall defeated Mark Sage (D) and Richard Proctor (C) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
At the State Republican Party convention Dougall received 45 percent of delegate support to Johnson's 55 percent. Since neither candidate received the necessary 60 percent, they proceeded to a primary.
|Utah State Auditor General Election, 2012|
|Election Results via Utah Lieutenant Governor.|
|Utah Auditor, Republican Primary, 2012|
On his campaign website, Dougall listed the following four major issue positions:
- Improve Financial Audits
- Implement Performance Audits
- Increased Transparency
- Identify Opportunities for Privatization
|Utah House of Representatives, District 27 General Election (2010)|
|John Dougall (R)||9,806|
|Jenn Payne (D)||1,706|
Dougall raised $14,034 for his campaign while Franson raised $14,049.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 27 (2008)|
|John Dougall (R)||11,494|
|Gwyn Franson (D)||4,907|
Comprehensive donor information for Dougall is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Dougall raised a total of $183,400 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 9, 2013.
Dougall won election to the position of Utah Auditor in 2012. During that election cycle, Dougall raised a total of $85,677.
|Utah Auditor 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Dougall's campaign in 2012|
|John and Sandy Dougall||$22,000|
|John Dougall campaign||$5,150|
|Friends of John Swallow||$5,000|
|Greg J. Curtis||$5,000|
|Speakers Victory Fund||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$85,677|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Dougall received $29,968 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Dougall's campaign in 2010|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$1,500|
|Merit Medical Systems||$1,100|
|Central Utah Clinic||$1,000|
|Skunk Werks Media||$1,000|
|Utah Bankers Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$29,968|
Dougall raised $14,034 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Utah County Republican Party||$2,000|
|Utah House Republican Elections Committee||$1,000|
Dougall has a wife, Sandy.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Dougall + Utah + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Records Committee looking to fill vacancy for public member - Salt Lake Tribune (blog)
- Paul Rolly: Murray mayor's speeding ticket turns into political circus - Salt Lake Tribune
- Right wing looks for new prom date - Salt Lake Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. John Dougall
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ Deseret News "Election Results" Accessed November 6, 2012
- ↑ St. Louis Tribune, "Johnson, Dougall to primary in auditor's race," April 21, 2012
- ↑ John Dougall for State Auditor, "On the Issues," accessed June 22, 2012
- ↑ Utah House of Representatives election results
- ↑ 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- ↑ 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- ↑ Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for John Dougall," accessed May 9, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- ↑ Campaign contributors to John Dougall
Auston Johnson (R)
| Succeeded by|
|Utah House of Representatives District 27
| Succeeded by|
Mike Kennedy (R)