|Iowa House of Representatives District 40|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Forbes has owned and operated a Medicap Pharmacy in Urbandale for 32 years.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Forbes served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
|• Ways and Means|
Forbes' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Restoring partnership and civility"
- Excerpt:"Business improvement and job expansion"
- Excerpt:"Service excellence within our financial means"
- Excerpt:"Quality medical care with judicious accountability"
- Excerpt:"Student, teacher and parent partnership for 21st century achievement"
- Excerpt:"Protecting our shared natural heritage"
Forbes ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 40. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Mike Brown (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Lance Horbach (R) did not seek re-election.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 40, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Forbes and his wife Cindy have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Forbes + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Penny Pritzker Understated Income by $80 Million - Wall Street Journal
- Gabby Douglas Is Back In The Gym - Huffington Post
- House approves Healthy Iowa Plan; House-Senate talks could be next - DesMoinesRegister.com
- House approves Branstad's health plan; changes likely - DesMoinesRegister.com
- Boone police take man into custody after 7 1/2-hour standoff - DesMoinesRegister.com
- The Note: Immigration Forecast ? It's Raining Amendments - ABC News (blog)
- Congress, Fearing 'Brain Drain,' Seeks to Opt Out of Participating in ... - Forbes
- ProfNet Roundup: 2013 Commencement Speakers - Wall Street Journal (press release)
- Obama selects Pritzker for Commerce secretary - USA TODAY
- Zaun Legislative Update: Education Reform Moves to Conference Committee - Patch.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Rep. Forbes's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- John Forbes on Facebook
- John Forbes on Twitter
Lance Horbach (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Iowa blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Districts |