John Glen Stevens
|John Glen Stevens|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 57|
Stevens's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Utah is wise to have a provision in our Constitution that forces us to balance our budget each year. It takes a lot of work each year but as with our personal budgets it takes work to make correct decisions. It means that we cannot spend more than we earn."
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "We need to grow our local businesses and ensure that nothing that we do affects our local businesses in a negative manner. We need to decrease the amount of regulation that our business endure on a daily basis and instead find ways to get government to help businesses walk through the processes."
- Excerpt: "We need to always remember our goals for education must be focused on educating our children. Nothing else is more important!!! We need to ensure that everything we do makes our children’s education better. We need to focus our attention on the classrooms."
- States Rights
- Excerpt: "We need to return to the understanding that we as a State know what is best for our State. We were promised we would be on an equal footing when we joined the Union. We are not! Over 65% of our State land is owned and controlled by the Federal government. Texas only has around 2%. There’s something wrong with this picture!"
- Trust lands
- Excerpt: "I am strong supporter of Ken Ivory’s bill that will grant Utah back its state lands by 2014. This issue will go before the Supreme Court. I will have the courage to stand up and fight for our right as a state to demand that the Federal Government honor their commitments when we gained our Statehood back in 1896."
Stevens ran in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 57. He and Brian Greene defeated Deanne Taylor in the Republican convention. Greene subsequently defeated Stevens in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. Greene faces Democratic candidate Scott Gygi in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives District 57 Republican Primary, 2012|
|John Glenn Stevens||44.6%||1,653|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Glen + Stevens + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Elbert Guillory: Democrats have ignored problems facing the black community - Daily Caller
- Brzezinski: 'I'm probably guilty' of hypocrisy on Bush-Cheney vs. Obama NSA ... - Daily Caller
- Death notices for June 9 Including Tulsa and northeastern Oklahoma. - Tulsa World
- New Xbox by NSA partner Microsoft will watch you 24/7 - Daily Caller
- How to Be a Yankee Fan In Anaheim -- 2013 Edition - Bleeding Yankee Blue (blog)
- Fireworks between Brit Hume, Juan Williams over Holder's role in FNC-Rosen ... - Daily Caller
- Mark Levin blasts 'transgendering' 'snaggletooth' 'troll' Michael Savage - Daily Caller
- Democrats want Jimmy Buffett's sister to run for Congress - Daily Caller
- Bumps in the Road - Patriot Post
- PAPER: Gibson Guitar raids may be another case of Obama administration ... - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found