|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 125|
|2003 - January 5, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|J.D.||Yale School of Law, 1963|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Hetherington currently serves as Attorney Of Counsel for Rucci, Burnham, Carta and Edelberg Limited Liability Partnership. He was Vice President/Attorney/Secretary of the MeadWestvaco Corporation from 1967-2002, and a Captain in the United States Naval Reserve, Judge Advocate General's Corps, from 1965-1992.
He is a member of the New Canaan Kiwanis Club, Director of New Canaan Neighborhoods, Director of United Way of New Canaan, volunteer Attorney with Connecticut Legal Services of the New Canaan Exchange Club, and the New Canaan Nature Center Advisory Board.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hetherington served on these committees:
- Government Administration and Elections Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, Connecticut General Assembly, Ranking Member
- Public Health Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hetherington served on these committees:
Hetherington did not run for re-election in 2012.
Hetherington ran for re-election to the 125th District seat in 2010. Hetherington ran unopposed in the primary and general election.
On November 4, 2008, Hetherington won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives from Connecticut's 125th District. Hetherington ran unopposed in the general election, and he received 9,037 votes. He raised $13,735 for his campaign.
In 2010, Hetherington raised $6,915 in contributions.
No contributions to his campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Listed below are the two largest contributors to John Hetherington's 2008 campaign.
|John W. Hetherington||$1,000|
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
Hetherington received a score of 9 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied for the highest score among the 152 scored members of the Connecticut House of Representatives. This score was 1 lower than his score of 10 for the 2009-10 term.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Hetherington + Connecticut + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House Republicans - Rep. John Hetherington
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- John Hetherington on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hetherington
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Connecticut Campaign Team," September 29, 2011
- Connecticut Secretary of State "Candidate list" Accessed June 19, 2012
- Connecticut House official election results for 2008
- District 125 Connecticut House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Yankee Institute for Public Policy, Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12, October 19, 2012
|Connecticut State House District 125
| Succeeded by|
Tom O'Dea (R)
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |