Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board member, Boise Board of Trustees, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 15, 2012|
|Next general||September 2, 2014|
|Profession||President, Soar USA|
John Hruby is candidate for an at-large seat on the Boise School District Board of Trustees in Idaho. The general election will be held on September 2, 2014. He was also a 2012 Republican candidate for District 18B of the Idaho House of Representatives.
- See also: Boise School District elections (2014)
In the September 2, 2014 general election, incumbents Nancy Gregory and Doug Park are facing John Hruby, Anthony Shallat and Grant Walden for two at-large seats with six-year terms. Challengers Brian Cronin and Travis Jones will compete for an at-large seat with a two-year term.
Hruby had not filed a campaign finance report with the Idaho Secretary of State as of July 14, 2014.
Hruby had not received any official endorsements in this election, as of July 14, 2014.
Hruby ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 18B. He lost against Brad Bolicek in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012. Incumbent Phylis King was unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives District 18B Republican Primary, 2012|
About the district
- See also: Boise School District, Idaho
Ada County outperformed the rest of Idaho in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 35.3 percent of Ada County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 24.7 percent for Idaho as a whole. The median household income in Ada County was $55,499 compared to $47,015 for the state of Idaho. The poverty rate in Ada County was 12.2 percent compared to 15.1 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Hruby + Boise + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2014 Scanned Campaign Finance Reports - Statewide Candidates," accessed July 14, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed April 11, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- United States Census Bureau, "Ada County, Idaho," accessed July 9, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- Ada County, "Election Results," accessed July 14, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Boise School District Elections|
|Ada County, Idaho|
|Election date:||September 2, 2014|
|Candidates:||Six-year term: • Nancy Gregory • Doug Park • John Hruby • Anthony Shallat • Grant Walden|
Two-year term: • Brian Cronin • Travis Jones
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|