|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Vintondale High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Pittsburgh|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
Hugya earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Pittsburgh. He then worked for Bethlehem Steel Corporation in the blast furnace and coke oven departments. Hugya also served in the United States Marine Corps. He attained the rank of Colonel and retired from military service in 1992 after 40 years.
Hugya is a former chief of staff to Congressman John Murtha. He retired after Murtha's death in 2010.
Hugya ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 12th District. Hugya lost the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 20, 2014. He was defeated by Erin McClelland.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 12 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
|John Hugya (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0.00||$725.00||$(119.59)||$605.41|
|Year-End||January 15, 2014||$605||$31,050||$(6,158)||$25,496|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$25,496.59||$19,730.00||$(24,785.14)||$20,441.45|
Hugya and his wife, Karen, live in Jenner Township. They have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Hugya + Pennsylvania + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania's 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania's 12th Congressional District
- Politics PA.com, "PA-12: Hugya Announces Run for Congress," accessed September 10, 2013
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Col. Hugya," accessed March 18, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "John Hugya 2014 Summary reports," accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year-End," accessed February 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |