John Jay Lee
|John Jay Lee|
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Nevada State Assembly|
|1997 - 2001|
|High school||Rancho High School|
|Place of birth||Ruislip Air Force Base, Middlesex, England|
|Religion||Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
Lee served in the Nevada State Assembly from 1996 to 2001.
Lee received his diploma from Rancho High School. His professional experience includes working as the former director/Founding Stockholder of Nevada First Bank, as a Licensed Tile and Marble Contractor and Licensed Plumbing Contractor, as the Senior Vice President of a financial services company and as the President/Owner of Vegas Plumbing Service, Incorporated, and Champion Tile and Marble, Incorporated.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lee served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lee served on these committees:
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
|Nevada State Senate, District 1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John Lee Incumbent||37%||1,318|
On August 1, 2011, Lee declared his candidacy for U.S. House of Representatives. Lee said he would run in the newly created 4th Congressional district. Ultimately, he opted to run for re-election to the state senate, leaving majority leader Steven Horsford unopposed in the Democratic primary.
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2008
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 1 District (2008)|
|John Jay Lee (D)||25,937||67.71%|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2004
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 1 District (2004)|
|John Jay Lee (D)||18,987||61.15%|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2000
|Nevada State Assembly, Clark 3 District (2000)|
|John Jay Lee (D)||5,663||67.02%|
In 2008, Lee collected $185,354 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 525||$7,000|
|Committee to Elect Tom Collins||$6,000|
|Clark County Education Association||$5,000|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
Lee and his wife, Marilyn, have seven children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Jay + Lee + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- John Jay Lee official Nevada State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- www.kolotv.com, "State Sen. John Lee Enters Nevada 2012 House Race," August 1, 2011
- Las Vegas Review Journal, "Lee to challenge Horsford in Democratic primary," October 17, 2011
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2004 General Election Results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2000 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to John Jay Lee," accessed November 19, 2014
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 1 District
| Succeeded by|
Patricia Spearman (D)