|Rhode Island House of Representatives 8|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Providence City Council|
|Mayor of Providence|
|High school||Mount Pleasant High School|
|Bachelor's||Rhode Island College|
|Master's||Rhode Island College|
|J.D.||Suffolk University College of Law|
Lombardi earned his B.A. in Social Studies from Rhode Island College in 1975, his M.Ed. in Secondary Education from Rhode Island College in 1982 and his J.D. from Suffolk University College of Law in 1987. His professional experience includes working as an attorney, as legal counsel for the Rhode Island Senate Labor & Corporations Committees from 1989-1992, as a substitute teacher for the Providence School Department from 1975-1980 and as a Social Studies teacher at Notre Dame High School in Central Falls.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lombardi served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent John Lombardi was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Lombardi won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 8. He defeated incumbent Michael Tarro and Elizabeth Libby Kimzey in the Democratic primary on September 11. Lombardi was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michael Tarro Incumbent||12.2%||183|
Comprehensive donor information for John Lombardi is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, John Lombardi raised a total of $29,725 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 31, 2013.
|John Lombardi's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 8||$29,725|
|Grand Total Raised||$29,725|
2012John Lombardi won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, John Lombardi raised a total of $29,725.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Lombardi's campaign in 2012|
|Pontarelli, Cynthia A||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,725|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in New York: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
Lombardi is married to Denise.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Lombardi + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Lombardi," accessed June 10, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Lombardi, John," accessed July 31, 2013
Michael Tarro (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 8
| Succeeded by|