|Texas State Auditor|
|December 2004 - Present|
|Years in position||11|
|Predecessor||Lawrence F. Alwin|
|Elections and appointments|
|Bachelor's||The University of Texas at Austin|
|Master's||Saint Edward's University|
Keel's long record of government service began in 1973 with his position "as an accountant at the Texas Water Quality Board." From there he went to serve in the office of the Texas Comptroller. Keel also served as the director of budget in the Texas Attorney General's Office and as "special assistant for budget and projects for the Texas Senate." He began as director of the Texas Legislative Budget Board in 1994. Keel worked in the private sector from 1981 to 1988, founding and running a tax, accounting and consulting practice.
- Saint Edward's University, 1975, M.B.A.
- The University of Texas at Austin, 1972, B.B.A.
Texas State Auditor (2004-present)
Keel has served as Texas State Auditor since 2004.
- Director of Texas' Legislative Budget Board (1994-2004)
- Special Assistant of Budget and Projects for Texas Lieutenant Governor Bob Bullock’s Office (1991)
- Texas Deputy Comptroller (1990)
- Internal auditor and budget director for the Texas Attorney General's Office (1988-1990)
- Account for Texas Water Quality Board (1973-1975)
- Various positions, Texas Comptroller's Office (1975-1981)
Keel was first appointed as Texas State Auditor in 2004.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Keel + Texas + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Government Technology, "John Keel, Texas State Auditor, Awarded Eighth Annual Bob Bullock Award for Outstanding Public Stewardship," February 5, 2005
- Per information submitted to Ballotpedia on July 11, 2011
Lawrence F. Alwin
|Texas State Auditor
| Succeeded by|